Thursday, April 12, 2012

Apartment rental?

Hi - I have been looking (and looking, and looking) for apartments in paris for Dec 13-20. Is anyone familiar with the area below luxembourg gardens, closer to Montparnasse/Rue D%26#39;assas? I%26#39;ve always stayed closer to St. Germain, on the top side. Is it easily accessible to metros and such? In Dec, I won%26#39;t be in the mood for extensive walking, with a 5-year old in tow, unless it%26#39;s not raining/freezing.





I%26#39;m looking at VRBO #18044, a rentalfrance.com (Pascal) apartment on Rue des Chartreux. It%26#39;s a 2-bed, but only 600sq ft. which worries me - but looks really good, apparently Pascal has a great reputation.





Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts, I welcome them!





Thanks




|||



Sorry I can%26#39;t help you, but this is a good site. The apartment you mentioned, looks great. Unfortunately the one I would like is unavailable on our dates of travel. Good luck.




|||



Hello,


I%26#39;ve also been doing research on apt. rentals in Paris. I%26#39;m planning to go next year (my third trip). I%26#39;ve stumbled across a really nice one if you don%26#39;t mind staying in the Marais district. It%26#39;s very central and close to everything. Here%26#39;s the website: http://www.parismarais.com/florentin.htm




|||



We are planning to go to Paris again next year and stay in an apt. - Pascal does seem to have a great reputation. And 600 square feet is actually large for Paris! I don%26#39;t know where we are going to stay yet, still looking at all the apartments online.



Denise




|||



I know the neighborhood well. It%26#39;s very nice and historic, a block from Hemmingway%26#39;s apartment above the sawmill and his favorite cafe in the 1920s. It%26#39;s also directly next to the Jardin Robert Cavelier-de-la-Salle, the promenade leading to the Jardin du Luxembourg, a beautiful park. Nothing wrong with the area.



The Metro access is a bit limited there though. The RER B, the line that connects Paris to the airports, stops 2 blocks away and connects you to central Paris via stations St. Michel on the left bankand Chatelet/Les Halles on the right bank. There are really no Metro stations nearby, just the RER but that%26#39;s not bad.



The owner really shouldn%26#39;t be advertising this as an apartment in St Germain though...

No comments:

Post a Comment