Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sevres St. Germaine Hotel

There are two reviews, anyone got any ohter info on this hotel?




|||



Sorry, can%26#39;t comment on the hotel itself, but the two reviews do sound good.



Did you have a look at its web page yet?



www.sevres-saint-germain.com





However, I do know Rue Saint-Placide very well, in fact, it%26#39;s one of the streets I usually %26#39;do%26#39;, when I am in Paris. I have one of my favourite shoe shops there...





It%26#39;s conveniently located, right next to Le Bon Marché and close to Sèvres-Babylone métro stop. The street is very lively during the day. Lots of small shops (food and non-food), boutiques (some outlets) and a pleasant brasserie at the corner with Rue du Cherche-Midi (Le Nemrod).



It%26#39;s a very Parisian neighbourhood, well located, a bit away from the touristy mainstream, but still conviently located to walk to places.



For a little splurge, go to the nearby Hotel Lutétia for a drink or tea.




|||



This was actually one of the hotels we wrote down as we walked around one night to remember when we go back. We did not see a room, but the place was darling and in the perfect neighborhood. I%26#39;d give it a whirl!!!




|||



Hi!



I stayed once in an hotel not far away from Hotel de Sevres, it is called Hotel Suede Saint Germain( www.suede-saint-germain.com)...a really wonderful hotel, typical French and Parisian style...Anyway, the neighborhood is GREAT...a few step from Montparnasse area, with its great shoping street, rue de Rennes, at the end of the street you have Saint Germain des Pres...I loved the area....



have a nice trip!




|||



Thanks for the replies, I%26#39;m debating between Sevres St. Germain and BW Latin Quartier Pantheon. Any opinions?




|||



My husband and I stayed at the Sevres St. Germaine on our first trip to Paris about 4 years ago...it is a beautiful, charming small hotel situated in a very Parisian neighborhood...the rooms were charming and we had one facing St. Placide...walking distance to many places...they had a great flea market nearby on Sunday..have recommended it to other friends...you cant make a mistake if you stay there...not a commercial type hotel...they serve breakfast downstairs, fresh eggs, croissants...etc...the bathroom is large and well we would sure go there again on our next trip to Paris...enjoy Paris! Julie




|||



I opted for the Latin Quartier Pantheon for my trip in September. It was a great choice. I posted a review.





But thanks for the info on Sevres St. Germaine. We took a walk in that direction and checked it out for future trips. It looks charming and we%26#39;ll probably give it a try when we%26#39;re fortunate enough to make another trip. I like that area as well.





I prefer to have a bathtub rather than just a shower stall and was concerned that the way we booked the room and the rate we got would get just a shower. Any info on that? I know you can always request......but to be on the safe side I prefer hotels that have all tubs in double rooms. (The LQ Pantheon is not one of those but we had a great bathroom with a tub and a window with a wrap around terrace!)




|||



I haven%26#39;t stayed there but based on the hotel%26#39;s website photos the last two rooms pictured look very tiny and I think these must be their standard double rooms. Of course, Parisian hotel rooms are typically small, but the rate seemed a bit high to me for a standard double.





To geordy if you want a room with a bathtub you need to specify that when you send a reservation request. Usually a room with a bathtub is larger than a room with a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment