Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tripod Use In Paris?

I am an dedicated, if marginally talented, amateur photographer who will visit Paris next week. On one of the photography forums someone mentioned I may run into problems with the authorities if I, for instance, take my tripod out to get some night photos of monuments and sights of Paris. I%26#39;ve used a tripod to take night shots all over Europe, with no problems at all. Is Paris (or France) different in this regard. I doubt my 15 words of French would be enough to let me talk myself out of a real problem with the police or other officials.





Thanks for any advice.





MIKE




|||



Outside picture-taking should not be a problem except on the Champs Elysées for the traditional %26quot;facing the Arc de Triomphe%26quot; telephoto at max picture-taking. If you can fight the japanese tourists 9or be taller..) use the traffic-blocking structure as a tripod or carry with you a portable mini tripod that can be used against walls or any strong enough structure. And if you have a canon SLR (digital or not) the Stabilizer should be at the on position.




|||



Sorry mistyping I meant (or be taller...)




|||



I assume you would avoid the usual %26#39;government%26#39; type buildings, ie. Palais d%26#39;Elysees, any embassy, etc. And maybe the interiors of train stations, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment