Thursday, April 12, 2012

Advice on Normandy Tour please

I am needing advice on the best way to do London to Normandy in a short tour with the main focus on WWII. Is there one tour company for a full day tour of the beaches and cemetary than another? I appreciate any help you all can give!!




|||



This is what I did one weekend.....I took a Friday evening train from London to Portsmouth where I caught the overnight ferry to Cherbourg. (Take a taxi from the station to the ferry) I had made arrangements with the B%26amp;B La Ducrie (see reviews on this site) to be picked up at the ferry terminal and for a one day guided tour of the D Day beaches. I then spent Saturday night at La Ducrie, rose early and caught the first ferry back to Portsmouth on Sunday. I was in Portsmouth by noon and spent a few hours at the historic Navy Yard before catching a train back to London.

No comments:

Post a Comment