Thursday, April 12, 2012

Airport neverland.........

My plane has Landed.My first thought is %26quot;I%26#39;m in Paris FRANCE!!!!%26quot; I%26#39;ve been sitting next to a woman from Australia. She had been visiting her daughter, and is very happy to be going home as we Americans drive on the wrong side of the road and are very busy. This turns out to be one of the most interesting things about the trip. Stepping behind someone eles eyes and getting a glimpes of how they view the world.



It is 2:30pm Wednesday,Paris time and I%26#39;ve been catching flights since 6:00am Tuesday my time. I%26#39;ve been up since Monday at noon and sleep all of 5 or so hours since! Needless to say I%26#39;m just a little out of it. So keep this mind as you read on.



I have two goals, to get my passport stamped and find the metro. I finally see a booth with a man checking passports. Without a problem I get my stamp! On to the metro. Now I%26#39;m a little turned around so I ask someone who says to %26quot;go that way%26quot; and for the next forever anyone I ask keeps telling me to %26quot;go that way%26quot; As I%26#39;m walking with my bag that has turned to lead, I keep thinking of KSKSAIL and was wishing I could remember all the posts on how to get out of here.



So much for all the planing! forever later I%26#39;m on the metro headed to Gare de Nord.



I%26#39;m hot,tired and so thirsty.At Gare de Nord I threw in the towel as I just can%26#39;t think logical any more. I know that there is a stop near my hotel but I%26#39;m worried that I%26#39;ll still be lost even if I get there.I leave and find a line of taxis. Remember they line up so you must go to the first one in the line. Very polite I thought. I ask the man if he knows what where the street I%26#39;m headed to is and he has to look it up. After looking for the wrong one he says%26quot;Oh La Ferriere%26quot; Off We go. Or should I say slow we go. The seen from French Kiss (when they make a mad dash for her bags in a stolen car) flashes thru my mind! Then finally my hotel. I paid the driver 10€ with a nice tip in there I%26#39;d just wished I had have taken it all the way from the airport!



My hotel is the Hotel Arvor st. George. A small quiant hotel. Later I%26#39;ll post a review.I hand over my paper and off to my room. I%26#39;m just on the 3rd floor but, I still take the elevator.So far this hotel lives up to the pictures they posted on there site. That makes me feel much better.



Now I must leave you here. I hope this is helping someone with Post trip depprsion OR Pre trip worries!




|||



Interesting... it is like a live broadcast from Paris :)





I suggest you number your posts, for ease of tracking




|||



I kindly suggest you succumb completely to the charms of Paris, enjoy your vacation, log a few notes to save, and get back to us LATER.





Just my opinion, but I find that my appreciation and absorption of my surroundings are distracted by being tied to a computer or other instrument for anything more than %26quot;landed safely...check back tomorrow%26quot;. You are paying $$$€€€ for a vacation in Europe - be IN it...




|||



she%26#39;s already been to Paris - this is her long awaited trip report.




|||



Sorry guys this is #2 %26quot;From the star..%26quot;{ its suppose to say start} was #1. Oh, and yes I%26#39;ve been there and back. It%26#39;s been a month almost and I%26#39;m trying to work thru some delayed post trip depression. SO, unless I%26#39;m just making everyone yawn, I shall carry on.




|||



PLEASE carry on, Moonwisper.





I really like your %26#39;historical present%26#39; style!




|||



Nice report! A tip on CDG. They have free baggage carts. Usually they are in the area where you collect your bags. If not, look outside near the taxi stand. I almost always get one as it is much easier than dragging bags for ever!




|||



OK, I get it now.. thanks!




|||



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;and was wishing I could remember all the posts on how to get out of here%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;





It%26#39;s too late to worry about it now but for your next visit, make-up your own %26#39;..PARIS-Travel Notes.. containing all of the %26#39;details%26#39; you%26#39;ve put together from your pre-trip research. Then (and this is IMPORTANT) rmember to take it with you when you go.





This doesn%26#39;t have to be anything more sophisticated than a small spiral-bound notebook. You can enter details and paste/tape in maps and diagams (most can be printed out from web sites), newspaper/magazine clippings, etc. If you%26#39;re computer-clever or you can kidnap a 13 year old whio is and feed %26#39;em Diet Pepsi %26amp; natcho chips), you can SAVE stuff to a PARIS Folder in MY DOCUMENTS and then COPY %26amp; PASTE, you can do it on your computer and print it out in %26#39;..booklet..%26#39; format. Set it up in anyway that make %26#39;..sense..%26#39; to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment