Sunday, April 15, 2012

Gallery Lafayette or Au bon Marché,rive droite or rive...

I visited both shopping temples. GlF seems expensive , as you can buy the same stuf in the shops for less. I preferred Au bon Marché, specially the foof market with it%26#39;s sandwiches. Any experience ?




|||



what u say is surprising lol, as bon marche is much more expensive than lafayette. i mean they are smaller, and choose almost all the expensive pieces, as galeries lafayette have lots of choice, so from cheap (or at least cheaper) to expensive. the galeries have many cheap brands for young, and also some french cheap brands, and more choice. my favourite after the galeries used to be the samaritaine which is closed now, because they had really good choice.




|||



Le Bon Marche carries mostly the top of the line. Le gratin. La creme de la creme.



Galeries Lafayette and Printemps on the right bank cover the whole market between the 2 of them.



Lafayette Gourmet today is more appealing to me than la Grande Epicerie du Bon Marche.



Lafayette Maison is also worth a visit.




|||



oh yeah adn the food. well for the food my preference goes to la grande epicerie because they have many things from foreign countries, it%26#39;s bigger, but lafayette gourmet is great also, things from foreign countries also but in less choice. like la-photographe said, the lafayette maison is nice, they have some glass stuffs with glittering things, i dont know how to explain,but it%26#39;s nice. they have nice sandwiches there also.



but at la grande epicerie you will find things you can find at carrefour or monoprix, but for more money! exactly the same things, like lindt chocolate, i found abig box for 3 or 4 euros more at bon marche which is a lot for abox that cost 16 euros!! and galeries lafayette doesnt sell clothes for more expensive, i mean if i find a pair of %26#39;accessoire diffusion%26#39; shoes there, or a clothe from comptoir des cotonniers for ex, it will be the same price in the shops.




|||



I prefer le Bon Marche simply because it is an easier experience...no crowds, no piles of stuff everywhere. But it%26#39;s very expensive, so I do a lot of window shopping or sale shopping there....and then I go to the grocery for my lunch and chocolate fix!





Les




|||





When in Paris,I go to Le Bon Marche just to look at the scarf department.Their selection is always inspiring and I can never leave without buying one!




|||



what is the name of the small street , just opposite the Bon Marché - behind the luxury hotel , lots of nice shops ...




|||



I found Bon Marche to be much more expensive and had less selection than Galeries Lafayette. Also I preferred the food market, Lafayette Gourmet, at Galeries Lafayette than at Bon Marche%26#39;s L%26#39;Epicerie. I always stock up on chocolates and cookies and jams at Lafayette Gourmet. One thing I liked about L%26#39;Epicerie, however, was the bakery section. If I stay by Rue de Sevres I%26#39;ll definitely shop at L%26#39;Epicerie as it%26#39;s much closer than going to Lafayette Gourmet.




|||





Guguk...I think the street you are thinking of is rue du bac.This street has lots of charming small boutiques.It is a nice street for window shopping....




|||



For general shopping - clothing, kitchenware etc., I think that the Galeries Lafayette and Printemps Grands Magasins in the 9th. offer the better choice and %26quot;plus bon marché%26quot; than Bon Marché in the 7th. By contrast, La Grande Epicerie is a far better choice for foodies than the food section of Galeries Lafayette - better charcuterie, better seafood and better boucherie.

No comments:

Post a Comment