Thursday, April 12, 2012

How to get to hotel

Hello Everyone,



First off, I want to say thank you for all the help I have been getting by reading this forum. My DH and I leave for our trip in less then two weeks, and all your advice is going to make our trip more enjoyable.



I do have one quick question. We are staying at the Hotel Pergolese. We are arriving by the Eurostar into Gare du Nord. My question is what is the best way, with luggage, to get to our hotel? Would it be easy to just take a taxi? How much should that be?



Thank you once again for all your help.




|||



Definitely a taxi!! It%26#39;ll be less than 20 Euro.




|||



I%26#39;m a big fan of the Paris Metro and public bus system....but not when rolling luggage behind me. Even if you were so inclined, there are no direct (at least one Metro or bus change en-route) between PARIS-Gare du Nord and L%26#39;HOTEL PERGOLESE (3-star) 3 rue Pergolese (at Ave. de la Grande Armée, 75016, Metro: Porte Maillot %26amp; Argentine Ligne#1-- http://www.hotelpergolese.com/.





So your best bet will probably be to simply roll your bags from your Eurostar arrival platform, across the station and out the front doors and take a TAXI PARISIEN from the regular taxi rank outside of the station, directly to your hotel. I%26#39;d estimate the daytime fare to be 10-12 €uro.





There will be ATMs on the main concourse of Gare du Nord if you need to get €uros for the taxi fare (if you haven%26#39;t already converted left-over British £s into €s at the Bureau de Change at LONDON-Waterloo.




|||



Actually, the taxi stand is directly out the side door next to the Eurostar tracks. The ones in front were displaced by street repairs last time I was there.




|||



Take the taxi. It%26#39;s too awkward trying to deal with luggage in the metro and then trying to find the hotel




|||



Take a taxi! The cost won%26#39;t be that great. For example, I paid 7 euro from Gare de l%26#39; Est, which is close to Gare du Nord, to my hotel near the Pantheon.




|||



Thank you all for the suggestions. I will take the taxi, for the ease and the adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment