Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sugar cube supplier

This is likely an odd request and it is directed to the local experts.





I would like to purchase a substantial supply of the individually wrapped sugar cubes when I am in Paris next. The kind you get at any cafe with your morning espresso.





Do any of the experts know the name of a commercial supplier who sell these by the box or case?




|||



This may help, but I don%26#39;t see how to order them...


beghin-say.fr/uk/artisans/tous_sucresartisan…




|||



We have some spots here in Montréal where we can buy cubes by the box (3 or 4 boxes at a time). So I don%26#39;t think you have to go to France for that. But I would try any Monoprix or carrefour stores.




|||



Hi Georgeco, I know what you are talking about.





My cousin used to be the director of the sugar factory in Erstein, France. Each individual sugar cube is wrapped and have the names of all of the Alsace-Lorrianne towns and shields on them.



I bought several boxes of them to bring home. I do not know how to get them in Paris.





There is a grand sugar parade in Erstein every year!




|||



You can buy suger individually wrapped suger cubes and other cafe supplies, including the little chocolates you get with your cafe -in bulk- at the %26quot;Cafe Richard%26quot; boutique on rue de Bretagne near Sguare du Temple in the 3rd Arr.




|||



I think any Monoprix (not Franprix or the other less upscale supermarkets) in Paris carries wrapped sugar cube boxes. At least I remember having seen them on their shelves. You can check on www.telemarket.fr, which is Monoprix%26#39;s online shopping arm.




|||



Thank you all so very much. I knew if I asked in advance of my visit that I would save a great deal of leg work when I got there.





yymca6, if you ever recall where in Montreal you found them please feel free to e-mail me at georgeco@rogers.com A source in Canada would be fantastic.





George




|||



Bob_Saccamano - Yes. just got back from Monoprix and they do indeed sell %26quot;DADDY%26quot; - branded wrapped cubes in boxes of 50. It%26#39;s not exactly a famous French trademark like CR but I get them in cafes often.




|||



you should go where metromole said and try thei little things they give in cafes!! everytime i ask for more, from cafe richard, it%26#39;s almonds with chocolate around, it%26#39;s so good, i will go soon thanks metromole you reminded me i had to go and buy hundreds of them lol! if you dont see me it%26#39;s because i had an overdose of their things ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment