Thursday, April 12, 2012

Fashion week?

Hello again...



I%26#39;m back with a couple more questions. I just found out that I will be visiting Paris alone during Fashion Week in March (1-10th). Should I start looking to book at hotel now, or will it not be a problem if I decide to wait until mid November? Do any of you forsee airfare getting any cheaper than the $550-$650 I am finding rather regularly on the web?





Also, and this may be a really ambitious question, but how would one go about getting in to the fashion shows? I%26#39;d love to say %26quot;I saw the so and so show while in Paris!%26quot; My girlfriends would be pea green with envy! I%26#39;m not even sure this is possible, but I was curious.





Thanks in advance for all your help. I have received so many great suggestions off this board that I am completely addicted! I%26#39;ve got pages and pages of notes already!




|||



book your hotel now now now! as far as the airfare, I just got an email today from yahoo travel alerts....





YAHOO TRAVEL ALERTS FOLKS! THEY ROCK!



(and no, I don%26#39;t work for them :D )







... anyway, the fare was Denver to CDG for $306 thru the end of March 2006. So if you look you can find something good I%26#39;m sure. As far as getting into the shows, I let the locals answer that one.




|||



I should add, that is the base price and taxes are additional. but still a good value.




|||



Trade shows are usually open only to trades people. But you can register ahead using a company name, with you being the buyer, designer,or executive etc.




|||



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;Also, and this may be a really ambitious question, but how would one go about getting in to the fashion shows? I%26#39;d love to say %26quot;I saw the so and so show while in Paris!%26quot; My girlfriends would be pea green with envy! I%26#39;m not even sure this is possible, but I was curious%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;





Most of the shows...and certainly all of the better known designers%26#39; shows...are %26#39;..by invitation only..%26#39;. Stop at one of their Paris showrooms and drop several thousand €uro and they might be able to find an extra invitation for you. But sometimes it isn%26#39;t all that difficult for some of the %26#39;lesser%26#39; names. If you have any relatives, friends or neighbors in the fashion industry (buyers for a major department store chain as example) they might justbe able to arrange an invitation for you.





In lieu of the big %26#39;shows%26#39; you might want to consider one of the free, weekly, public (odds are you won%26#39;t be sitting between Sir Elton and Angela Jolie) fashion shows at GALERIE LAFAYETTE or PRINTEMP





GALERIE LAFAYETTE--



%26quot;..Fashion Show Galeries Lafayette%26#39;s free private fashion show is presented by a team of 6 models (5 girls and 1 man) coming from top international agencies and presents the lastest trends giving an overall impression of the most famous designers and couturiers collections. The 30 minute performance includes a commentary in english. Guests are welcomed by our team of hostess-interpreters. Date: FRIDAYS all year long at 3 PM at the %26quot;salon opéra%26quot; located on the 7th floor of the main store. To book seats email welcome@galerieslafayette.com Booking date should be within one month from today..%26quot;





PRIMTEMP--



%26quot;..WEEKLY FASHION SHOWS



Discover the highlights of this season%26#39;s fashion at our weekly fashion show with the most trendy designers and their exceptional collections.



--Shows every TUESDAYS at 10 AM on the 7th floor of Printemps de la Mode (free of charge).



--Reservations not necessary for individual customers



--For group reservations, please contact us..%26quot;




|||



Thanks everyone for you suggestions. This forum is great!



I have been getting nervous about airfare, as it seems to be creeping up in the past few days. I%26#39;m going to book the hotel ASAP...probably this upcoming weekend, while holding off for another air sale. I am flying from Phoenix, so the rates seem to be on the higher end due to the fact that I have to change planes. I actually had found a great combo air and hotel deal for 8 nights at the Intercontinental Paris for $2188, but when I went back to check on it last night the price had jumped to $2700+. Ouch!



Regarding the fashion shows...


I%26#39;ve pretty much come to the conclusion that I won%26#39;t be sitting in the front row at Chanel. Unfortunately. Although I do work for some pretty well known jewelry designers, so I%26#39;m hoping that the connections I have here at the office will be able to give me the credentials to get into some of the lesser name shows. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment