Tuesday, March 27, 2012

contacting Le Coupe

Hi I am trying to reserve a table at Le Coupe


Chou but I have tried emailing them and also phoning the number on their site still no reply anyone got a different phone number for them. Thanks Dave




|||



The Paris Yellow Pages (the paper book, not on-line) have 01 43 54 36 54. From the US you would dial that 0033 1 43 54 36 54. Remember the time difference. I never see anyone inside that restaurant till mid afternoon Paris time.




|||



where snd what is %26quot; Le coupe%26quot; ??




|||



OOPS.... sorry dave212. You%26#39;re in the UK. I guess I need glasses.




|||



Guguk, type %26quot;Le Coupe Chou%26quot; in the search box and you%26#39;ll see. it%26#39;s a very good restaurant in the Latin Quarter.




|||



I have e-mailed them and have received confirmation from them sucessfully using this address...





mail@lecoupechou.com





Restaurant Le Coupe-Chou



9 %26amp; 11, rue de Lanneau



75005 Paris - France



Tél : 01 46 33 68 69



Fax : 01 43 25 94 15



Email : mail@lecoupechou.com



Web : http://www.lecoupechou.com (nouveau!)




|||



Both myself and a relative were successful in emailing Le Coupe Chou.





I emailed them juat for reservation information in English, but received the email in French. I could barely translate for myself but it was a confirmation.





My cousin emailed them about a Valentine%26#39;s Day menu and the person who emailed her emailed a very detailed reply in English.




|||



You may be interested to know that in all my e-mails re restaurants/hotels, etc in Paris, I begin each e-mail with...





Bonjour - Je suis désolé que je ne parle pas français. Parlez-vous Anglais, sil vous plait? Merci.





and then procede with my brief request in English.





I have always received a reply and a confirmation in English.





If you don%26#39;t speak or write French, I believe all forms of communication with French-speaking people should start in French, and in my case, an acknowlegment that I don%26#39;t speak French, ending with a request to conclude in English. The phrase I use is simply %26quot;I%26#39;m sorry, I don%26#39;t speak French. Do you speak English, please. Thank you.%26quot;





It works well all the time - in person, via fax and via e-mail.




|||



Thanks have emailed today using the french intro and am awaiting response..




|||



That%26#39;s good advice. But I%26#39;ve found that with hotels one can write either a fax or an email in one%26#39;s native language and get a response in the same language. I suppose for restaurants it may be a bit different.




|||



When I was there last month I asked



the hotel to call for reservations.



No problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment