Thursday, March 29, 2012

Which hotel booking site is safest?

I am looking at booking my hotel in Paris( I am thinking of the Hotel Brighton, any comments?) but am a bit stressed about using a hotel booking site. I have heard about people arriving with confirmations in hand, and still no room booking at the hotel! That would be very stressful if the hotel was full! Or if price was different..



Which sites seem safest?



Thanks.




|||



Why don%26#39;t you book with the hotel directly, via email, fax or phone? that%26#39;s my preferred method.




|||



I can%26#39;t seem to find a direct e mail address for the Hotel Brighton, I thought I had one, and when I e mailed an availability and price query I recieved a email back from %26quot; Benotel%26quot; which I guess is the hotel booking agent? I am so confused! LOL




|||



This link is to the website/group that the hotel belongs to, and is displayed on the %26#39;yellow pages%26#39; where the hotel is listed (www.pagesjaunes.fr) - you can book online and get confirmation at your email.





https:/…7.htm




|||



Thanks Travelnutty!




|||



I book directly from the hotel and i got better rates too.




|||



I would suggest to book through either the hotel%26#39;s official website directly and ask them reconfirm. Or you may book through your local travel agent to get the hotel voucher for presentation to the hotel upon arrival. Of course, you may pay first to your agent and cannot pay until check out. But I think it is an safe method.




|||



I guess I had very good luck with hotel websites. I booked several through Orbitz and Expedia,there are some hotels that I could only book through them, also Travel Punk for a hostel in Munich, some had no website of their own but I emailed them for reservations. The only bad one I got was one in Amsterdam that overcharged me and was a complete dive. I booked that one through their own website. I didn%26#39;t know about TA when I was planning my trip before Oct 04 or I would have been warned, their website looked so good. I think it%26#39;s really best to check reviews before booking and also check to see if their website, if they have one, offers lower rates. I printed out my reservation receipts and maps to show the area and brought them with me. Never had a problem but I guess that can happen.




|||



The group Exclusive Hotels has a bunch of very nice hotels in Paris with a good search funtion too. Hotels in all price ranges.





http://www.hotels-exclusive.com/





However, making reservations directly with the hotels is always better. In case you see a lower price somewhere in the internet, just tell them you want that rate. Don%26#39;t forget to let them know the approx. arrival time and reconfirm a couple of days before.



As said before, make print-outs of all correspondence.




|||



Has anyone used the site %26quot;My hotel in Paris%26quot;? I am trying to book an apartment without spending an arm and a leg. The site seems to offer good prices, but I am having trouble getting a reply for my booking. Any other good sites out there?



Thanks,


Heather




|||



I suggest you contact the hotel directly. Some booking sites charge fees. Besides you will be the one to deal with the hotel as to the type of room you need, ask questions about the hotel, etc. If you go with a booking site you really have no control.





As to Hotel Brighton they are managed by Esprit de France which manages other nice hotels in Paris such as the Mansart, Parc St. Severin, and Hotel de Saints Peres.





Here is the Brighton%26#39;s direct email address:





hotel.brighton@esprit-de-france.com

No comments:

Post a Comment