Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Is Moulin Rouge worth the money?

Hey all, am thinking of taking my girlfriend to the Moulin rouge for her birthday after going to the Tower. But is Moulin Rouge really worth the money,have heard some really negative things said about it, but what do you all really think?





All your comments would be really helpfull, and if you dont agree with the Moulin Rouge where esle would you suggest for a fun momerable time?





Many thanx




|||



I think 90% of the people who have gone there would agree , do not go for dinner( bad service and so so food) but the show is fun. I personally thought the show was ok , but it didn%26#39;t really impress me , I realize that is just me, but I would think taking your girlfriend for a Seine river dinner cruise would be more romantic.




|||



I%26#39;ve done both and given a choice I%26#39;d have to say I enjoyed the dinner cruise more than the Moulin Rouge. I will say that the Moulin Rouge is a good show and it is a Paris tradition. I think it is worth doing at least once in your lifetime. It is nothing like the movie and cannot be called romantic like the the dinner cruise though.




|||



I loved the Moulin Rouge and enjoyed the show very much, i can%26#39;t say if it is good value as i was always getting in for free.




|||



I don%26#39;t think it%26#39;s a great birthday present for a woman. I think there are so many more less expensive and more romantic ways to spend her birthday. Unless she%26#39;s been dying to go, that is.





I%26#39;d enjoy a walk on the quais, followed by a nightcap in a really swank bar...much more than the MR.





Les




|||



The Moulin Rouge dinner was not the greatest. I reserved the Toulouse Lautrec menu which was a bit pricey. But I was very pleased with the show which is a variety type of show and not a %26#39;strip club%26#39; type as many people (those who have never seen the show) erroneously think. So I thought the show itself was worth it.




|||



My husband and I went to the Moulin Rouge last week, as part of our Silver Wedding Anniversary Celebrations. We went to the 11pm show, our tickets also included a bottle of champagne between the two of us. We really enjoyed the show, our tickets were booked as an excursion through the travel brochure we booked our hotel from. They cost £45 each. Yes, it was probably a little expensive, but it was a special occasion, the show was highly entertaining and colourful, and we came a way with a very happy memory of an enjoyable evening. We dressed up for the occasion but were surprised that many didn%26#39;t, our tickets had stated %26#39;dinner jacket and tie%26#39;.




|||



The Moulin Rouge is okay, we went and sat really close to the stage so that was a dissapointment. It was entertaining but I really prefered the Crazy Horse. The Crazy Horse was much smaller and more intimate and I thought more artistic.




|||



I just got back from Paris on Tuesday and saw the show Friday night (Oct. 21st). Two of us went (both females in our early 30s) and I thought the show was great. It was better than any Vegas style show I had seen. We were right next to the stage and while it is topless it was very tasteful and more like a vaudeville type show with different types of entertainment. It was definitely worth the money. We reserved the 11 PM show with no dinner, but a bottle of champagne was included in the price. I just e-mailed the Moulin Rouge and made reservations through their website. When we got out, it was late and just asked a doorman where to find a taxi stand, they were very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment