Tuesday, March 27, 2012

train trips from Paris

I%26#39;m thinking of buying a two day unlimited travel pass for France. I%26#39;d like to take a scenic train ride that would show me the countryside, perhaps 3 or 4 hours out, stopping for lunch in some small village or town and returning to Paris in the evening. It is the trip rather than the destination that I am interested in. Any suggestions for places with direct connections from Paris?




|||



My favorite trip like that is going to Reims. Reims is beautiful in and of itself, but so is the train ride. I%26#39;ve only ever done the trip in early summer, but I remember beautiful fields of lavender.




|||



I like taking a train to Brusseld. Have des moules et des frites chez Leon, walk around, taste a couple of beers and come back to Paris. 1h25 minutes for a completely different country and atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment