Thursday, March 29, 2012

Eurostar Paris to London

I need to buy 2 tickets from Paris to London (Wed Nov 23 to Friday Nov 25). The cheapest fare I can get is at eurostar.com, 2 tickets for 374 (leaving Paris around noon, which is the cheapest fare). If we fly, I find tickets for 269 direct flight for the 2 of us. I really want to avoid getting to an airport, because that will take a lot of time. Are this price ok? Please, can anyone advice me where I can find the best eurostar fares.





Thanks






|||



Forget the planes. It takes hours to get out there, and takes one hour from Heathrow to the West End. Standsted is even more far away. I dontthink that you get cheap Eurostars.Curious to know




|||



Well this past June I purchased two return tickets for 80 U.S each. for travel in August. Tues to following Thurs.


I have to agree that the Eurostar is way easier then flying. And no lost luggage !




|||



I found the tickets for two for a total of 140 euros round trip on eurostar.com. Departure is at 10:19 am and there were several choices earlier and later. Return is 6:34 am and that was the only choice. Look for the 2 for 100 euros promo.




|||



You guys have convince me that train is better ..





MorganB: Where did you see the 2 for 1 promo. Did you find that fare for the days I%26#39;m traveling (Nov 23 -25)?




|||



That%26#39;s odd. I just checked both SNCF and EUROSTAR a moment ago and came up with 100 €uro per person, 2nd class, round-trip fare for a Nov. 23rd departures from Paris around noon and an afternoon return from London on Nov. 25th





SNCF--



www.voyages-sncf.com/dynamic/_SvHomePage…





EUROSTAR--



http://www.eurostar.com/




|||



Michigan to Paris, I am looking at the french version of eurostar.com. There is a promotion called Londre a 2 pour 100 euros. I clicked that and then put in your exact dates. Thats how I got the 140 euros return total for two people.





You need to set the country to france on the website to see the promo. If you have set it to another country, delete the cookies related to eurostar.com and then you should be able to get back to the page where you can set the country. If you dont go via the 2 for 100 link it wont give you the 140 euro price and instead will give the 200 euro price that KDK is getting.




|||



Go Eurostar!!!!





We took the train from Paris to London, and it was so nice to take a break from flying(I hate flying) We spent a little extra on first class tickets. It really wasn%26#39;t much extra. WE love Eurostar!! You only have to be there 30 minutes before your train leaves.





FYI, we got a bit confused at Gare du Nord station. There is a lot going on there! Eurostar ticket counter is upstairs over the normal train ticket counter.




|||



If you purchase the tickets thru the frensh version, where can I pick up the tickets?





ANa




|||



You can pick them up at any SNCF train station or boutique in Paris or anywhere in France.




|||



MorganB.. I already set up my browser to franch and of course now I don%26#39;t understand anything!! Can you help me with the terms and conditions..


Is theres a way that I can set the language to English?

No comments:

Post a Comment