Saturday, April 21, 2012

Amarys Royal St. Jean Hotel, Bordeaux, Fr.

U.S. couple. Stayed at the Amarys Royal St. Jean, 15 Rue Charles Domercq, Bordeaux, 2 nights in late April, 2005. While not downtown, it is 2 blocks from the train station and the Tram/ train will take you downtown. The train station is also a pickup spot for many vineyard tours. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. We did not partake of the morning continental breakfast because of all of the sidewalk cafes nearby. The hotel staff was very courteous and helpful, with some good tips for getting around and where to eat. We enjoyed a dinner in the old town area at L%26#39; Entrecote, Place de la Comedie, between the tourist office and the Opera House. The Tram runs late into the night so a return to the Amarys was easy and safe. We would stay there during another visit.




|||



We , my sister and I are staying in this hotel next week and would appreciate if you could give some advice as to how you get from the airport at Bordeax to hotel, and possibly where to eat etc?



Many thanks



Phyl




|||



I stayed there recently and agree, was pleased with hotel and especially the helpful staff.





I too went from the train not the airport, so I can%26#39;t help there (but doubt it is difficult).





I can tell you that there are a huge number of cafes in the downtown/shopping area. I never saw any recommendations for any one over another, and I think you might try going by the menus.





Jump on the tram at the train station, take it to the end, walk straight ahead to the end of the park and turn left. As you walk down the main pedestrian street there will be many streets that go off (mostly left toward the river) and there is a plethora of choice. I only ate a light take-out meal, so no special suggestion.





Hmmmm, this might be only marginally helpful, eh?! :o)




|||



Thank you Bostonski. I am leaving for the airport in a few hours. I shall print your email and take it with me to help me find my way around.





Again, many thanks .





Phyl

No comments:

Post a Comment