Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Out of Paris day trips

Hi,





Can anyone recommend (or not) the day trip out of Paris to Bruges (Brugge) Belgium with Paris Vision tours?(www.parisvision.com/fr/index.cfm…)





Its my second time in Paris and I%26#39;ll be there for a week so I don%26#39;t mind %26quot;giving up%26quot; a day in the city to go elsewhere.



Thanks.




|||



We took that tour in August and loved it! I only wish we had more time in Brugge. The bus ride isn%26#39;t too bad, and they stop off at one of those hiway cafeterias halfway through. I only mention that because I had an amazing sandwich there -- who would have guessed...



Anyway, Brugge is remarkable. The tour itself is just OK. It does include a little boat tour, which I would recommend, but after that walk quickly toward the Markt and enjoy lunch at one of the many cafes. You%26#39;ll then have time to walk the streets and enjoy a wonderfully preserved city.



Worth the time and money, definitely.




|||



Usually, as the bus ride is quite long (3h30 to 4 hours if i recall well), there is then approximately a one-hour walking tour to the center, they show you during the tour the meeting point (usually Notre Dame) where you will meet your guide after your free time. Then they also show you the boat company and give you the boat ticket (i think it is only in the summer monthes) and then you have free time for lunch etc...shopping... and then you meet up at 4pm approximately to go back to Paris. Brugge is beautiful, you can walk everywhere as it is reasonably small. I loved it!!




|||



Hi Filmgal and others,





I will be taking this same tour when I visit Paris at the end of the month. I%26#39;ll write my review on the tour when I return. Can%26#39;t wait!





Jeaninne




|||



Okay thanks...That sounds great. I think I%26#39;ll go ahead and book the tour!




|||





why dont you drive yourself out there ? Or take the fast train to brussels and drive to brugges %26amp; antwerpen , or sleep in belgium sea side ressort number 1 called %26quot;knokke le zoute%26quot; ?it%26#39;s what we call the %26quot; north coast%26quot;



the lanD scape is fascinating , flat , flat ..

No comments:

Post a Comment