Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cap d'Agde - need advice

My wife and I plan to be in Cap d%26#39;Agde three days in late September, 2005, with a car. We%26#39;re old, but spry (what an old fashioned term!) Need advice on sightseeing and activities in Cap d%26#39;Agde and one hour radius. We%26#39;ll be coming from the Costa Brava; going next to Albi. Is anyone familiar with Hotel Palmyra?






|||



Hi





lots of info about Languedoc here : www.the-languedoc-page.com





Peter




|||



hallo! we have been in cap d%26#39;agde last summer, based in a wine village in the Herault Valley (near Montpellier).



We had a trip to Agde and then to Cap d%26#39;Agde.



Agde is a lovely little town with a big market on Saturday. In Cap d%26#39;Adge there is a wonderful archeological museum and nice beaches.



Have a good time there.



ciao clara




|||



Hi Bopp,



Suggest you contact the Tourist Office on www.capdagde.com which is run by the town council and they have a full listing of



events. Have a good time.



Mariepat




|||



My girlfriend and I stayed in the Palmyra in June.


Very clean comfortable quiet and spacious


Staff were very helpful and spoke excellent English


You need a car in the evenings as there is no nightlife near the hotel


We ate in the restaurant next to the hotel one night - food was fine but no atmosphere


I hope you have booked and get this report in time!!




|||



Just SW of Cap Agde is the Canal du Midi, which is a stunning canal lined with trees, which runs from just near Agde up towards Carcasonne. It is roughly one hour driving to get to Carcasonne, which has an old medieval castle - La Cite - which is amazing. So you could drive along the canal, on the small back roads, around the Minervois which small boutique wineries, old castles and churches. There are a number of websites on the Canal. Hope this helps.




|||



Hi Bopp



I saw your post of June about Palmyra Golf Hotel. You may not be back home yet but when you get time do you think that you could give me the low-down or review on the Palmyra Golf Hotel. I assume that you did stay there !



Some questions are:- Was it worth the money? Is it a nice and clean hotel? Does it look as good (in real life) as the publicity photos? By the way , how far is the actual Hotel building itself from the Main Gate ie where you actually enter the Golf club site off of the actual road down there just past the shops. I know Cap D%26#39;Agde quite well but have never stayed at the Palmyra of course. I hope you had a good holiday. Cheers , Ken.




|||



Hi , Its me again. Can I ask AZAMOUR the same questions that I have just asked BOPP about the Palmyra Golf Hotel in Cap D%26#39;Agde.



If you can give some sort of answers I would be grateful and I am sure that it would benefit other potential travellers to Cap D%26#39;Agde as well. You will see the questions that I raised in my POST to BOPP above. Plus another question :- I assume that it is in order to stay at this Hotel without participating in actually playing Golf. I am no golfer but I do like a decent Hotel if I can find one.



I would be grateful for any reviews/items that you can give me just to give me a flavour of what to expect if we can get a booking there next year. best regards . Ken.



PS. As you are a Surrey man you may be a bit quicker that BOPP (an american) too get a reply back to me in South Oxfordshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment