Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hotel du Loiret - in the Marias

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel du Loiret, a small hotel in the Marais at 8 rue des Mauvais Garçons. I can not find a trip advisor review on it - but on several other sites there is mention of the hotel - saying it is cheap, clean and basic. Does anyone have any specific knowledge??




|||



Hotel LE Loiret:





tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d236574…




|||



Travelnutty - the link you gave is to a differant hotel at a differant address. I am looking for info on Hotel du Loiret, a small hotel in the Marais at 8 rue des Mauvais Garçons.




|||



My bad - I%26#39;ll try harder !




|||



www.jack-travel.com has descriptive information:



Grand Hotel du Loiret



8 rue des Mauvais Garcons



tel 0148877700



%26quot;...Small but tall, situated across the street from the Hotel de Ville in the center of the Marais, it calls itself %26#39;grand%26#39; but something of an overstatement as this modest hotel is in the aptly named street of naughty boys. Small rooms, but those on the 5th and 6th floors have been renovated. All the renovated with telephone, TV, and windows to the street. The prices are low because the hotel doesn%26#39;t have an elevator. This small fact (it may not seem so trivial when you%26#39;re lugging your bags up six flights of stairs) keeps the rates down and keeps the cheapos coming. its seven floors provide only 28 rooms. The seventh floor rewards the climbers with romantic sloped ceilings and amazing views out to the Hotel de Ville and central Paris. Book well in advance, as the rooms go fast. Prices 35 Eur for a single, 40 for a double and 75 Euros for a triple...%26quot;





Rick Steves says:



%26quot;Grand Hôtel du Loiret** is centrally-located, spartan, and basic, though the rooms are better than you might think...%26quot;





…cityvox.com/hotels_paris/…Profil-Place



- - has comments but all in French or Italian...from what I can make out, they%26#39;re favorable.




|||



In le Marais, there is also another cheap hotel where I stayed called Hotel du Marais, 2 star hotel with very good rates! Very clean, nice staff, well-located because there are bus connections and a metro stop nearby!



http://www.paris-hotel-marais.com



Have a nice trip!




|||



Just came back from Paris and I stayed at Hotel Loiret. Yes it was hard to find a review, because the reviews for both hotels of the same name were lumped in together. (The other Loiret is on rue Bons Enfants closer to Palais Royal).



I would recommend this hotel. Since the review listed, they have completed their rennovations and now have an elevator. It goes up to the sixth floor, so you would have to walk up one floor if you are on seven.



The rooms are nice and the ones with bath have new bathrooms (but they are VERY tiny!). My friend stayed in a room with bath for 60 euros/night. I chose a bath down the hall for 45 euros/night. It was fine sharing the bathroom. I never had a problem getting in. My room was one down from it and there was a timed light switch right outside my door so attending to business even at night was no problem. My room did have a small separate tiled area that had a sink.



The view from my friends room was just of the street and the other building but from my room I could see Notre Dame, Hotel de Ville and the Pompedu Centre. I LOVED it! I would sit on my tiny balcony at night and just listen and watch the people go by.



This is a great area to stay in. You are just steps from the metro, great restaurants and super shopping.



If you haven%26#39;t gone on your trip yet, consider this hotel.


PS. I%26#39;m from Canada too.

No comments:

Post a Comment