Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Monmarte seems like the perfect place to live while in...

does anyone have any good recommendations for Apartment rentals in Monmarte? :)




|||



Be very careful.... there are some stinker apartments, especially if you think the price is a deal...





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k26039…




|||



Absolutely! www.perfectlyparis.com specializes in Montmartre. My husband and I have rented 2 of the 19 apartments listed, Villa des Platanes in 2003 and Prestigious Junot just last month (would have gone back to the VDP, but it was booked already.) Manager, Gail Boisclair is terrific to deal with before and during your trip. And you are right, Montmartre IS the perfect place to live while in Paris. Bon voyage.




|||



Sorry but don%26#39;t think Montmartre is great to live. The very top of the hill is very picturesque but can get noisy as very touristy, and far away from the metro so not very practical to move around Paris, not so convenient to carry food suplies all the way up to your appartment. Don%26#39;t get me wrong, Montmartre is an absolute delight to visit one half-day but personnally i wouldn%26#39;t live there. Some places at the bottom of the hill can get seedy at night so it depends on the location.




|||



We%26#39;re fans of Montmartre, mainly because we love the un-burnished Paris and we like to be around kids/families/neighborhood life. We%26#39;ve lived in apart-hotels for as long as 2 months there and we%26#39;ve grown to love the place. It can be noisy, somewhat chaotic (to the American eye), and less-than-model-Frommers (from a tourist%26#39;s eye). The Amelie-craze has begun to wear-off so the quarter is almost normal again.





The crusty parts are around Square Willette at the base of the park in front of Sacre Coeur, Blvd Clichy and Blvd de Rochechouart. Even one block away from them consists mostly of family-centric neighborhoods.





If you concentrate on the area between metro La Fourche (the Cimetiere de Montmartre), Metro Jules Joffrin (Mairie de XVIIIeme), and the Sacre Coeur, you%26#39;ll be in an area that is very much %26quot;old Paris%26quot;. It%26#39;s not a polished tourist destination. If that works for you, then you%26#39;ll probably grow to love Montmartre.




|||



I would not stay in Monmarte! I do not feel comfortable walking in the evening there or at one or two of the Metros there.





There are too many better areas in the 5Er, 6Er and the 7Er (are my favorite also up in the 13 Er by Place d%26#39; Italie) . Most of the apartment rentals do not have lifts. You can shop at the cheap grocery there called %26quot;Ed%26#39;s%26quot;.




|||



I love the area - one of my favorite places in Paris. Some areas are noisy, and if you’re only experience is the Moulin Rouge and the s e x shops I can see why you might not like it (but I still don%26#39;t find it scary). There are many, many streets full of pretty shops, lovely homes, and fantastic cafes that are perfectly charming.





And I love all the stairs! My legs look fantastic after just a week in the area - I love all the running around. I’ve had good experiences going to bars and meeting new friends there – on my last trip I meet a really nice guy (and Englishman working in Paris) who had a terrific apartment way up on the hill – I got the impression it was all very trendy based on the people I meet and the places I shopped and ate at. If I were to move to Paris I would want to live there too – but, given how it is very block to block – I would want to see any apartment first.






|||



Look for rue Lamarck, rue Caulaincourt, rue Custine etc. on the other side of the %26quot;mont%26quot;. It is more residential and very pleasant.



It has fewer metros than other areas of Paris but if you are on line 12, you are all set.



I love it there... even though I live elsewhere.




|||



One of my very best friends lives near the Abbesses metro stop. I go to his place almost daily when I%26#39;m visiting Paris. It%26#39;s a really great neighborhood, but for visiting the city it is a bit out there. If you%26#39;re tired at the end of the day, you will have a long metro ride home and then probably will have many stairs to climb to get to your apartment.





I agree that I would visit there but not stay there.





Les




|||



Any thoughts on the streets around St. Pierre and rue de Steinkerque? Would you feel comfortable using the Mo: Anvers during the daytime and early evening. :Probably not out later than 9:00 p.m? Found a nice apartment there that suits my needs from a reputable rental group.




|||



Ilovegardening, i would feel comfortable about using the Anvers metro during the day but THERE ARE pickpockets inside and around that metro station. Also i do not like it at night. Also the Line 2 for Anvers is not practical, better use the Abbesses metro station for line 12 that will take you to the center. Line 2 oblige you to change to go to the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment