Wednesday, April 25, 2012

ANOTHER question about tix to the Opera

I know info about the Opera just posted on Oct 2, but I wanted to post again so my question wouldn%26#39;t get lost in the excitement about the soccer games!



I went online to the Opera website to purchase tickets for Nov 8 and it replied there were no tickets on sale %26quot;aujourd%26#39;hui%26quot; . Does that mean they sell a certain number of tickets a day?



I found some on a ticket sales site, for $12 euros more per seat for their fee, that%26#39;s why I%26#39;m asking if anyone knows?




|||



Tickets are not necessarily on sale every day. You have to visit repeatedly. It%26#39;s probably worth your peace of mind to pay the extra fee and get them through a broker.




|||



Hi,



After trying to navigate the Opera site and wanting to know more specifically about seats available, I bit the bullet and simply called the Opera Garnier box office...Yes, I know, long distance, BUT it did not take too long and was definitely cheaper than a $12.00 per ticket surcharge. The tickets were great. These were for the Ballet, and I wanted a private box not too close to the stage so that we weren%26#39;t constantly craning our necks to the left :-)





The tickets arrived to my home within the week. Very fast. So, calling directly is definitely another option, just take into account the time difference. Hope this helps.





Annie B




|||



Melelina55, did you talk to them in English or French?




|||



Sorry, my last question was to Annie B regarding her call to Opera Garnier ...




|||



Hi,


I used very poor french to say, %26quot;excuse me, I don%26#39;t speak French very well, do you speak English?%26quot; :-) and though the woman claimed her English wasn%26#39;t very good, the transaction went very smoothly and she was so very helpful...and as previously stated, the tickets came quickly and the seats were fine. I puchased medium priced seats (couldn%26#39;t afford the posh ones!). We were in one of those plush velvet side boxes with a private door and coat hooks and a mirror...my 12 yo daughter was absolutely enthralled!



BTW I plan on purchasing opera tix for the Garnier, for our trip this Feb. I think Don Giavanni is there during that time. I will be calling soon. My husband sure hates seeing those long distance calls :-)



Have a great trip.


Annie b

No comments:

Post a Comment