Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Villa Royale - has anyone stayed here?

hi... I am going to Paris in November for the first time for a romantic trip for my Boyfriends Birthday. after spending AGES reading all the reviews on Tripadvisor I think I will book the Villa Royale. I am a little worried about the location - but want to be close to Montmarte as I have tickets for a concert there.



has anyone stayed there and is it OK? worth the money?



how long does it take to get from Montmarte to central Paris?




I am so excited!




|||



If you read all the reviews, doesn%26#39;t that help you know if it is OK and %26#39;worth%26#39; the money..?





Here is a web with lots of photos (although that can still be deceiving):



http://www.parisby.com/royale/





OK - now I looked it up on www.pagesjaunes.fr



It is located right on Place Pigalle - I know that there are lots of tour buses along the main road, and %26#39;s-x%26#39; shops between Pigalle and Anvers metros. There are also regular stores as well, but don%26#39;t know if that will bother you. Last year, it looked like the city was renovating the median area on the blvd., planting trees, etc. so it might look nicer now. (those s-x shops and shows are still there, though).





I wouldn%26#39;t plan my hotel based on one concert location. Aren%26#39;t you going to see anything else while you%26#39;re there? There are other very nice and well-located hotels for the same price; I know it can be overwhelming to sift through them.





There are a number of metro stops in this area, and it would take maybe 15 minutes to ride to the islands (ie.Notre Dame); it%26#39;s always going to take 10-15 minutes to ride somewhere -from- somewhere else...

No comments:

Post a Comment