Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Re: French Rental cars do they have 12 volt cigarette...

I bought a portable cooler that one can use in the hotel room with a supplied outlet plug and it can also be used with another adaptor ( cigarette lighter type) to plug into the car.





Do French rental cars have a 12 volt cigarette lighter?




|||



I couldn%26#39;t remember, but we took a picture of our dash





…dslextreme.com/users/…730Paris2005.jpg





and apparantly it did not.





I think it was a renault- I%26#39;ll have a look at their website and see





you see alot of %26quot;Smart Cars%26quot; there too as rental cars. They have electric engines- maybe they have a power port inside?





-cris




|||



We used the cigarette adapter to run the laptop from the car. Worked fine.




|||



We used the cigarette lighter in the car to listen and charge our iPod and cell phones, and it worked fine.




|||



Hi to SeattleMom: We are right across I-90 bridge! Thanks for info.





Hi Kris: I loved all your pictures I looked at them last week! Made me miss my second home!





Thanks everyone for information.





Someone on another thread wrote that she had to buy a converter for the cigarette lighter - (I asked but she did not come back to the thread). I think maybe the convert was just an adaptor for a regular room outlet plug.





Seattle Mom did you need a converter? or just plug into it?




|||



well according to this website- there should have been one in there standard...





buyacar.co.uk/standardEquipmentyq10513.jhtml





so maybe it was hidden.





-cris




|||



oh- I didnt see you post





thanks for the nice words about my pictures :)





but anyway, the website I just copied above specifically says %26quot;12 volt%26quot; power socket so maybe thats one of the few universal standards!!





have a great trip :)





-cris




|||



12 volt electrical systems have become the international %26#39;..standard..%26#39;, with even the French bowing to the inevitability of it.. So, rental cars in France will have 12 Volt power outlets (cigarette lighter-type) in all cars. Some may be on the dashboard while others may be located on or in consoles.




|||



%26gt;%26gt; you see alot of %26quot;Smart Cars%26quot; there too as rental cars. They have electric engines



They certainly do NOT have electric engines. But all cars do have standard 12V adapters,




|||



Thank you everyone for the information.





Thanks Chris! I will look at your web site. I usually lease another make car for 65 days driving in France. (Citeron type) I do not know yet what the company will offer to me.





Are the smart cars for long haul driving? Are they small? My hubby wants a car he won%26#39;t hit his head on all the time and is long enough for his 6 foot 3 inches.




|||



To Cris: I looked on your web site.





%26quot;12V accessory power point in centre console



Ashtray and cigar lighter %26quot;





so it is hidden from view in the center console as another poster said.

No comments:

Post a Comment