Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Please check my RATP/Musee et Monuments choices!

My 17 year old daughter and I will be visiting Paris November 18 (Friday)-22 (Tuesday). We%26#39;ll arrive at CDG at 10:00 am and plan on using the RER to reach our hotel in the Rue Cler area from the airport, on a day visit to Versailles and to return to CDG. (We%26#39;ll be travelling very light and cost is an issue.) Here%26#39;s what I%26#39;ve come up with so far:





Purchase two Zones 1-5 Paris Visite passes upon arrival at CDG. (Since our visit will cover a Friday-Tuesday I%26#39;m assuming the Carte Orange won%26#39;t work for us)





Purchase one Musee et Monuments pass for me. I%26#39;m hoping that my daughter will be allowed into the following sites free of charge: Louvre, D%26#39;Orsay, St. Chapelle, Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame Tower and Versailles. I%26#39;m purchasing the pass for myself to avoid waiting in long lines (except for the Notre Dame Tower). Will my daughter also be able to use the pass entrance?





We also plan on visiting Monmatre and Sacre Cour and taking an evening Bateau Mouche cruise. I%26#39;m assuming that both of us will need to pay full fare for the cruise.





Does the above sound correct?





Thanks so much for all the help. This is my daughter%26#39;s first trip to Paris and we%26#39;re wildly excited!





Jennifer




|||



Your daughter should be admitted free to the Louvre, Orsay, and Versailles... not indicated on the websites for St Chapelle, the Arc de T, or the ND Towers so not sure what will happen.





The Paris Visite is a good plan, considering your travel plans and the days of the week. To buy those trips separately would be 95.9 Euro, so just buy the passes and enjoy the convenience too.





http://www.vedettesdupontneuf.com/va/



This cruise has an online discount you print ahead of time and bring with you (worth 2 euro off both passengers; fare is 10 euro before the discount)




|||



I may be wrong, but I thought the Carte M et M was your %26quot;ticket%26quot; and allows you to pass the ticket line only. If there are 2 of yo, I think you both need the museum passes.





-cris




|||



The Carte Musee pass allows you to bypass the ticket-buying lines, you head for the entrance and go thru any security that is set up. A minor accompanies the pass-holder and may be asked to show id to prove age is under 18. The museums I mentioned have specifically mentioned that children up to 18 get in for free (no pass or ticket needed).




|||



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;I may be wrong, but I thought the Carte M et M was your %26quot;ticket%26quot; and allows you to pass the ticket line only. If there are 2 of yo, I think you both need the museum passes.%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;





Not entirely sure what you%26#39;re refering to but iif a %26#39;free admission%26#39; is accompanying a pass holder, the %26#39;free admission%26#39; may enter right along with them. If there is a security check-point ALL entrants MUST pass through this regardless.





For a 17 yr.old, it might not be a bad idea for her to carry a photo-copy of the Information page of her passport as sufficient proof of age.





You can SEARCH %26quot;..PARIS MUSEUM LINKS, AGE..%26quot; for under-18 free admissions.







No comments:

Post a Comment